Our commitment to our tenants, team members, & customers
Galveston is Open for business! And the merchants in the Historic Strand District welcome you to come on downtown, relax, shop, and dine! The fresh gulf breezes of early summer keep the cool air moving through our streets and we cannot think of a better way to spend the day, the weekend, or an extended visit to our City by the Sea.
Many of our merchants encourage the wearing of face masks upon entering their shops, and the restaurants are adhering to the social distancing guidelines set forth by Governor Abbott. They are concerned about your well being and want you to enjoy your shopping experience, and feel safe.. We are proud of our Downtown merchants for their perseverance during this trying time, and for moving forward to serve customers virtually, as well as curbside.
Mitchell Historic Properties along with our Galveston Community continues to monitor the evolving situation with COVID-19,. Our priorities have not changed: the health and safety of our tenants, team members, customers, and the care and maintenance of our historic properties in Galveston continue to be our top priorities.
We remain in close and regular contact with local and federal health officials, including the University of Texas Medical Branch, the City of Galveston Government, the Galveston Park Board of Trustees, Galveston Regional Chamber of Commerce, the Galveston Economic Development Partnership & others. We encourage you to utilize the links provided below to keep informed of the latest news, and developments within our city.
Along with actively adhering to the protocols provided by the Centers for Disease Control, Mitchell Historic Properties is taking additional steps in our work environment, including social distancing and additional safety and cleaning steps to help protect and support our teammates. Your safety and well being remain our foremost priority, and we will continue to share updates with you as quickly and transparently as possible.
Thank you for your continued trust and support of Mitchell Historic Properties. We hope that you and your colleagues and families, stay healthy and well during this transitional time to a new normal. We are available to answer your questions via email or phone. Stay well, stay healthy, practice social distancing, wash your hands with soap & water and don’t touch your face.
Joseph B. Rozier
General Manager – Real Estate Operations
Mitchell Historic Properties
Important Links to stay in touch locally:
- City of Galveston Government
- City of Galveston Facebook Page
- Galveston Daily News
- Galveston Regional Chamber of Commerce
- University of Texas Medical Branch
- Galveston Economic Development Partnership
Tenants Currently Open
**Click on each business’ name for the most up to date status**
- Haunted Mayfield Manor Now Open Weekends!
- Pirates! Legends of the Gulf Coast Now Open Weekends! Friday- 12pm-5pm
- Baywatch Dolphin Tours Open Friday – Sunday; Memorial Day Monday
- Buster’s Old Time Photos Opening June 1
- Galveston Water Adventures Opening Friday May 22
- Beef Jerky Outlet Open 10:00 – 5:00pm
- Fisherman’s Wharf at Pier 21 Open 11:30am – 10:00pm (409) 765-5708
- Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwiches (409) 737-3333
- Riondo’s Open Wed-Saturday 3:00pm -10:00pm, Brunch Sunday
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory – Open Sunday – Thursday 10AM-6PM & Friday- Saturday 10AM-9PM (409) 762-4340
- Spice & Tea Exchange – Open 10:00am – 6:00pm (409) 220-3524
- Starbucks Open 6:00am – 6:00pm
- Stuttgarden on the Strand – Open May 1 – 17: 11:00am – 11:00pm (409) 497-4972.
- Willie G’s Seafood and Steaks Open 11:30am
- The Admiralty Open 10:00am – 6:00 pm (409) 766-1776
- Bel Pri Jewelry & Gifts Open May 1 – 11:00am – 6:00pm (409) 443-5200
- Del Sol & Cariloha Curbside pick up , free shipping or delivery within the Galveston area (713) 252-3086
- G. Lee Gallery – Open 11:00am – 5:00pm
- Gracie’s Open 10:00am – 5pm
- Mercantile on the Strand Open 11:00am – 6:00pm
- Salty Southern Chic Open 11:00am – 6:00pm (409) 632-7665
- Skinsational Body Products – Open 10:00am – 3:00pm (409) 497-2091
- Tina’s on the Strand Open 10:00am – 6:00 pm (409) 762-6816;
- Zipp E-Bikes Open 10:00am; Rentals available May 22 (409) 539-3323